Requisition ID: 66108
Ministry: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Department: 80022800 Family Practice Center RMC
Daily Hours: 6
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
Certified Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative support to Amita Health Medical Group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts a history of the patient's condition and performs relevant aspects of a physical assessment, including vital signs, pain scale, height, weight, menstrual status, tetanus status, etc.
- Performs diagnostic testing, including but not limited to point of care tests, peak flows, oxygen saturation, audiograms, 12-lead EKG, spirometry, drug and alcohol testing, and vision testing.
- Performs throat swabbing, ear lavaging, phlebotomy, application of splints and posterior molds, and PPD placement and reading.
- Administers medications orally, topically and by injection according to standard medication administration principles including proper dosages, routes, and contraindications.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures by preparing the required instruments and equipment, assisting during surgical procedures and acting as an attendant during examinations.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree is preferred.
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program is required.
- One to three years of patient care or medical assistance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is needed.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
- Current CPR certification is required or must be completed within the 90-day probationary period.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Family Practice Center RMC
Job Function: Professional Services