This posting cannot receive an online application from your CareerSite.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Cardiac Catheterization Tech, Cardiac Cath Lab, Resurrection Medical Center, Ch
Requisition ID: 53587
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Catheterization Lab Technician provides health care services using medical imaging techniques to assist in diagnosis to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention as prescribed by physicians. Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures. Positions patients and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort. Utilizes appropriate immobilization devices as required for performing quality radiographs.
2. Determines and selects appropriate radiographic exposure factors for each x-ray exam. Applies principles of Radiation protection to patient, staff, and others. Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded on each.
3. Selects, operates and maintains Catheterization Lab equipment. Selects and operates appropriate Catheterization Lab equipment as indicated for each exam. Assists radiologist with fluoroscopic and specialized radiography procedures. Prepares, identifies, administers, and/or assists with contrast media administration as permitted by state and institutional policy. Provides written and/or verbal communication of equipment failure to area supervisor.
4. Processes patient information and produces Catheterization Lab exam requests. Greets patients and directs patient flow. Provides instruction to patients. Processes patient exams in computer and generates associated paperwork.
5. Secures and prepares patient Radiology folders and films for interpretation. Accesses computer, card file, etc. to locate patient records. Retrieves patient folders/CD's from department. Assembles patient folder and associated paperwork for interpretation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of a two-year approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Minimum of one year of experience as a staff radiographer and one year as a special procedures or Cath Lab radiographer or 1 year in a program specializing in angiographic and cardiac catheterization techniques
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current certification in the followings: ARRT, CPR, IDNS and IEMA
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Cardiac Cath Lab RMC
| Location: Chicago, IL 60631
| Document ID: AC282-0GWT
| Posted on: ||2018-11-1411/14/2018