Requisition ID: 60266
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Anesthesia Technician assists the Anesthesia Staff in patient treatments and anesthesia administration. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists anesthesiologist and co-workers in preparing the environment and the patient for each assigned case as it related to anesthesia.
- Provides anesthesiologist requested/required equipment, instruments, supplies, etc. during and after procedure.
- Assists with set-up and monitoring of invasive and non-invasive physiological monitoring devices.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to maintain an environment that is clean, safe, and adequately stocked with sterile and non-sterile supplies.
- Operates Cell Saver, i-Stat and Defibrillator machine during perioperative period. Aids in the movement/relocation of patients with both invasive and non-invasive physiological monitoring devices.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all task and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required. One year of training in anatomy, physiology, cardiac hemodynamics, electronic principles and circuits, and/or biomedical instrumentation preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, EPIC, PMM, HBO, iStat documentation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), licensed Pharmacy Tech (Preferred)
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Anesthesiology RMC