America's Dog - Cashier
We're a Chicago family business, 3 generations of family owned and operating restaurants around town. America's Dog has become a dream come true serving a consistent product made from higher quality ingredients in a clean, fresh cool space that celebrates America's passion (and my family's) for the Great American Road Trip!
With 5 locations in Chicago and our latest just opened in December at O'Hare (United Terminal 1 Concourse C) we hope you can stop in for some of Chicago's best!
Fast food cashiers manage all monetary exchanges in the restaurant by taking orders and ringing up transactions, serve as a liaison between the customer, the managerial staff and the kitchen staff, and keep the front area of the restaurant clean and well stocked.
- Monday to Sunday Shifts: 5am-12pm, 10am-4pm, 3pm-11pm
- Hours - 40 hrs/week
- Open Availability
- Ability to commute to O'Hare airport daily
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets all customers politely when they enter the restaurant
- Records customer orders
- Transfers orders to the kitchen to ensure their preparation
- Helps package food in boxes and bags
- Helps cook food and otherwise works in the kitchen, when necessary
- Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries
- Keeps the counter and dining area neat and clean
- Sweeps and mops the floor regularly
- Restocks napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining area
- Inventories supplies and goods with supervising manager, when necessary
- Takes money from customers and provides correct change
- Processes credit card and debit card transactions
- Keeps track of a cash drawer and ensures it is balanced at the end of the shift