Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 55,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 255 stations in 44 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple - "To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience".
Aircraft Fueling Agents operate at O'Hare Airport in Chicago.
The Aircraft Fueling Agent is responsible for providing customers with a safe, efficient and on-time fueling of aircraft and ground equipment.
- Receive, store, transfer, and dispense petroleum fuel products
- Operate motorized fueling vehicles (fuel tank trucks, standard and automatic transmissions)
- Operate non-motorized fueling vehicles (hydrant carts)
- Fuel and de-fuel aircraft per flight crew/flight plan requirements
- Inspect fueling equipment and vehicles - report malfunctions or inconsistencies
- Perform accurate fueling calculations
- Fuel ground support equipment (gasoline or diesel) as required
- Interact with carrier personnel
- Utilize hand-held radios, telephones and computers for communication
- Complete and submit all documentation associated with fueling activities
- Respond to fuel emergencies (i.e. fuel spills) utilizing emergency response cart and follow established environmental/company guidelines
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Must comply with internal SOPs and policies
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, multiple shift, and team-oriented environment
- Must be dependable and able to take direction from supervisors to service the customer safely and on-time General math aptitude
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Applicants for the role must live in Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the interview.
This role requires flexible working schedules and the ability to work all shifts and days of the week.
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law .