Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Confidential - Due to privacy regulations, this Chicagoland employer a top security provider cannot release corporate details at this stage of the hiring process. Full employer details will be provided upon your interview with Skills for Chicagoland's Future.
Chicago, IL (Downtown) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
The Administrative Security Officer position is based in Chicago and will support 2 commercial offices. Additionally, this individual must have exceptional communication, time management and customer service skills. Experience with MS Office is preferred. This position will monitor the safety of patrons through patrol activity on-site and monitor visitor access, and respond to service calls and alarms and report suspicious activity.
This individual must be able to work efficiently and support the needs our clientele, their internal & external customers, and ensure our security program exceed all expectations. This individual will be expected to complete administrative tasks and proactively manage the security program by playing an active role in training, policy development, labor relations management, and attending various industry specific functions. You must be able to develop our most valuable resource, our employees.
In this role, you will:
- Observe and evaluate security services and address performance issues in a timely manner.
- Serve as the point of contact for the client and law enforcement inquires.
- Take an active leadership role to ensure quality service is being provided by all personnel.
- Train, mentor, supervise and develop personnel.
- Develop site specific training programs for company personnel and internal/external client customers
- Fill open vacancies for special details and department needs when needed.
- Conducting employee inspections and appraisals.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Industry certification preferred but not required.
- 3 to 5 years prior security experience or
- 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- 20 Hours Basic Security Training Certification is required.
- Experience with fire/life/safety programs preferred.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce preferred.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, welcomes/trains new employees and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, maintains confidentiality, and supports company values and branding initiatives.
- Has necessary job knowledge and technical skills, understands company mission/values, and can manage critical situations in a professional manner.
- Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve problems, understands company services, and maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Provides feedback and coaching, serves as a mentor, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, and demonstrates good listening skills.
This is a Full-Time permanent, 40 hours per week position with Union benefits.
The commercial office is located in Chicago, IL and is based on a 24/7 operation. This position will require rotating shifts (including third shift) and rotating days off, with schedules changing based on business need.
$12.50 - $14/hr (based on previous work experience)