Requisition ID: 42974
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Addiction Counselor will function as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess, evaluate and be responsible for the patient's chemical dependency treatment. The Addiction Counselor will provide a continuum of treatment services including educational lectures, individual, group, and family therapy as indicated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive assessments for patient caseload
- Develop and implementation of individualized treatment plans in conjunction with patients and multidisciplinary treatment team
- Facilitates group programming/activities, seminars/educational lectures, family sessions/meetings
- Facilitates individual counseling
- Maintain active linkage and discharge planning with patient, employer, referral sources and other pertinent outside sources.
- Coordination of services with continuing care providers.
- Facilitate and/or lead continuing care/aftercare groups as needed.
- Maintains necessary chart documentation and reporting, in compliance with regulatory agencies and insurance carriers.
- Provide community outreach and education as requested.
- Participate in professional educational opportunities, committees and performance improvement activities
- Participate in the quality assurance process.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Culture of Excellence Standards of Performance
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the core values of Resurrection Healthcare in all interactions with others.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B. A. or B.S in psychology, social work or related field required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years inpatient clinical experience required.
- Ability to speak and write English to the extent necessary for safe and efficient performance of the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Addictions/Drug Counselor (CADC) required.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- CPR certified required
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability