Requisition ID: 65986
Ministry: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Department: 20320110 House Staff Surgery Physicians
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Residency Coordinator oversees the operations of the assigned Presence Health Ministry Sponsored or Affiliated Residency programs. Executes the functions related to recruitment of new residents, licensure, Visas, and initial employment orientation. Is the first point of contact between residents and program director and faculty. Integrates program alumni into residency improvement activities. Requires strong interpersonal and human resources management, written and oral communication skills, computer and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the process of recruitment of new residents, including participating in recruitment events, screening applicants, and interviewing of residency candidates. Makes initial recommendations to Program administration related to final rank order lists.
- Maintains ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System) files, reference checking, and ranking process through the NRMP (National Residency Match Program) .
- Primary resource to new residents for obtaining State of Illinois licenses and visas for International Graduates. Independently issues contracts and assures resident completion of all institutional requirements for employment. Assists in the development and implementation of resident orientation.
- Develops rotation and call schedules in conjunction with Program Director and Chief Residents.
- Acts as the first point of contact to ensure each resident's successful completion of the training program. Prepares, in conjunction with Chief Residents and Program Director, schedules for conferences and lectures, extracurricular activities such as outside rotations, CPR, ACLS, PALS, and in-training exams.
- Counsels residents on such issues as schedule changes, specific rotation requirements, policies and procedures, and survival skills.
- Details ongoing resident training using E*Value or other electronic residency management and institutional Medicare cost reporting system. Establishes resident portfolio and evaluation materials assuring they are complete, confidential, and accessible to faculty and residents.
- Maintains working knowledge of residency program requirements to assure ongoing ACGME compliance. Participate in semi-annual resident Milestones assessment as a member of the CCC (Clinical Competency Committee).
- Compiles data for the Annual Program Evaluation Committee, participates in Committee discussion, and prepares the annual report for presentation by the Program Director to the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
- Prepares the ACGME Self Study document for approval by the Program Director.
1-3 years' experience in a position with similar responsibilities required. Experience within a residency program is required. Graduate Medical Education (GME) experience is highly preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft applications, and use of web based applications. Willingness to learn new software applications. Working knowledge of applications and processes relevant to residency programs, including advanced knowledge of residency evaluation software and databases; resident application services; resident matching programs; resident licensure; visa regulations; accrediting bodies (e.g., ACGME, ACCME, CMS, Joint Commission, OSHA, and/or other discipline-specific accrediting and regulatory bodies); and must have thorough knowledge of institution-specific accreditation requirements.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Department Name: House Staff Surgery Physicians
Job Function: Professional Services