The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is seeking an experienced IT Technical Associate (Healthcare Applications Analyst) to join the talented professionals supporting the Cerner Enterprise Health Records System.
The Healthcare Applications Analyst under general direction, develops, implements and manages production of healthcare software applications which may include Electronic Medical Record system. Provides production application support on a rotating 24/7 basis.
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health) provides comprehensive care, education, and research to the people of Illinois and beyond. A part of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), UI Health comprises a clinical enterprise that includes a 495-bed tertiary care hospital, 22 outpatient clinics, and 13 Mile Square Health Center facilities, which are Federally Qualified Health Centers. It also includes the seven UIC health science colleges: the College of Applied Health Sciences; the College of Dentistry; the School of Public Health; the Jane Addams College of Social Work; and the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing, including regional campuses in Peoria, Quad Cities, Rockford, Springfield, and Urbana. UI Health is dedicated to the pursuit of health equity.
- Develops and builds solutions to automate clinical activities and healthcare operations. Responds to application change and modification requests.
- Gather information from clinicians and staff regarding clinical and operational workflows and business goals and risks to define new healthcare application requirements.
- Participate in redesign of processes and workflow to improve efficiency of patient care and operations. Identify and document the impact of processes and workflow changes upstream and downstream of the point of change.
- Participate in the design of new tools, components, functionalities within healthcare applications. Implement software modifications and document changes to designs, tools, components, functionalities and processes.
- Test software modifications or enhancements in a test environment. Ensure integration of healthcare application data and information across platforms and systems.
- Meet with end users to determine and define report requirements and ensure delivered reports/data meet quality standards.
- Plan, perform and test regular software upgrades.
- Identify improvements and suggest changes to new policies, procedures, or work practices.
- Engage with vendors and maintain vendor relationships. Participate in analysis of vendor solutions and enforce vendor service level agreements (SLA). Contact vendor to resolve issues.
- Assist in development of specifications and standards to ensure adherence to regulatory, medical, campus and university standards..
- Provide application support on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related Information Management field or clinical area of study.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in information systems, laboratory information systems, healthcare information systems, or similar experience in clinician/practicing clinician.
- Working knowledge of software applications.
- Working knowledge of build tools in healthcare software applications which may include electronic medical records applications.
- Knowledge of system management principles, application development and application testing strategies.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance work demands.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide your full work history with detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.com
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: HA7564 IT Tech Associate (Healthcare Application Analyst) HR
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Thursday 2/15/2018
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Please apply below