Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
10,000 Sign on Bonus available for external candidates with at least one year of CVICU nursing experience
AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center is now part of the largest faith based hospital system in the nation and has been providing high quality care to the northwest side of Chicago for more than 65 years. AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago is growing its Intensive Care Unit to accommodate expanded cardiovascular and neurosurgical services including Structural Heart procedures. We are looking for RNs with the required experience necessary to contribute quickly to the ICU needs and be a part of the future growth and success of AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center. Come join this dynamic team of nurses and collaborate with strong medical staff colleagues who are achieving the highest of standards including a 2018 Leapfrog Top Teaching Hospital, and a 2018 Healthgrades America's Top 100 Best Hospital with Awards for Critical Care, Orthopedic Surgery and Stroke Care.
AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center is accredited by DNV as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and is recognized as a Stemi receiving hospital. .
Our SICU/MICU is currently a 30 bed unit, has increased cardiovascular surgical volumes by 20% in the last 3 months and expects further dramatic growth in leading edge cardiac modalities. We are expecting to expand within the next 6 months. Join us as an experienced RN and be a part of the growth in providing excellent care to the Resurrection Medical Center community.
The Staff Nurse I - Registered Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The RN incorporates the Carative Factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of care of Presence health and the nursing division. The RN coordinates family involvement in the assessment, treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegates tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses each patient's biophysical, psychosocial, environment, spiritual, cultural, self-care, educational and discharge planning based on age and development status.
- Develops and prioritizes an outcome directed plan of care to assigned patients and changes as necessary.
- Performs clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within scope of the State Nurse Practice. Documents care per established standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
- Assess patient and family educational needs and ability to participate and learn to achieve patient plan of care through collaboration with other team members.
1. Minimum of 2 years Critical Care experience, (of those 2 years, at least 1 year specifically with the Cardiovascular Surgery Patient Population)
a. Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
b. Valve Surgery
c. Open Aneurysm Repair/Graft
d. Thoracic Surgery
e. Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
f. *Impella, ECMO, and TAVR experience preferred but not required*
2. Knowledge of post-operative hemodynamic monitoring required
3. Must speak to possible post-operative complications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, MS Outlook, and EMR applications.
Experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois RN license, BLS certification. Specialty certification such as CCRN, CMC, CSC, CVRN-BC preferred
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical, Neurology, Cardiac, Orthopedic, Nursing, Healthcare