The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is seeking an IT Technical Associate (Senior Voice Engineer).
Unified Communications is comprised of, but not limited to, Voice, Video, and Tele-Health. The Sr. Voice Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of Voice services. Resolves complex technical problems. Provides technical skills that cover a broad range of disciplines in support of UI Health strategic initiatives. Performs any technical project assigned with general supervision. Identifies, investigates, evaluates and becomes proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to UI Health. May provide guidance and training for less experienced Voice Engineers.
In addition to the minimum/preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will have extraordinary analytical and design ability; very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions; ability to innovate in highly complex technical areas; ability to achieve results; project planning and coordination skills.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the voice applications, infrastructure and various technologies using management and analytical tools.
- Provide Tier II/Tier III support to troubleshoot and correct technology and equipment related production issues with VoIP, video and other voice systems.
- Assist in the installation, configuration and maintenance of VoIP endpoints. (i.e. IP Phones, Analog Voice Gateways, etc.)
- Assist in the administration and provisioning of users in Cisco VoIP applications. (i.e. Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Contact Center Express, and IM & Presence).
- Assist in the administration and provisioning of users in the call accounting and recording systems. Capable of running reports and dashboards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support all components of VoIP Systems, Contact Center solutions, peripheral gateways, historical data reporting, voice gateways, and other third party software/hardware integration such as voice recording and call accounting.
- Responsible for the tracking, testing and implementation of application upgrades as well as firmware upgrades/updates.
- Responsible for maintaining QoS policies for voice and video. Additionally, responsible for capacity planning for the voice and video environments.
- Troubleshoot PSTN connectivity via ISDN and/or SIP technologies.
- Work with users on design and development of Call Center and Auto Attendant scripts, as well as, the creation of custom reports.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption.
- Assist in development of Voice specifications and standards.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- On-call 24x7 operational support.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Decision Sciences, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in planning and building/implementation of communication networks (LAN/WAN/VPN) that support high performance voice, data, video and wireless network services.
- Demonstrated Cisco Voice application experience.
- Demonstrated experience within production deployment of firewalls, switches, wireless systems, IP telephony, call centers, SIP, PRI, video systems and e911
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Decision Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional IT experience within Infrastructure and Network Engineering which includes demonstrated experience in planning and building/implementation of communication networks (LAN/WAN/VPN) that support high performance voice, data, video and wireless network services
- 5+ years of supporting and maintaining a voice infrastructure
- 5+ years of production deployment experience with IP telephony, call centers, SIP, PRI, video systems, and e911
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, servers, workstations, operating systems, and applications.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below.
Please fully complete all sections of the online application including your full work history, education and certifications.
Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application.
A degree is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.com
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: IT TEC ASC (Senior Voice Engineer)
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Wednesday 2/21/18
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Please apply at the link below