(Position located in Champaign area)
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Planning Specialist is responsible for assisting in the management and ongoing development and implementation of a proactive maintenance program. This position will be hands on and include oversight of union and non-union hourly employees and scheduling of the day-to-day maintenance, repair, and/or replacement of equipment with the goal of ensuring safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and cost effective operation of all production systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Uphold safety, health and environmental compliance systems and procedures to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance at all times
* Supervises and directs maintenance personnel, maintenance projects and programs.
* Initiates and implements best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance. Maximize resources by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation by establishing, maintaining and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling flow and process.
* Develops full scope and extent of work needed, including cost and time required, to conduct the relevant repair, preventive, predictive, and Improvement maintenance activities of the utility production equipment buildings, and grounds. Prepares job plans for scheduling, detailing parts, materials. special tools, external services and documentation with planned costs. Job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment
* Maintains a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for managing and tracking work orders, back log, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment and makes recommendations on manpower allocation, levels, and overtime needs including the development of contractors needed
* Maximizes equipment reliabiltly and availablity through effective use of planned maintenance to quickly return equipment to design capability and develops effective and applicable procedures to ensure defect-free quality maintenance work. Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems routinely to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement
* Ensures that all maintenance personnel understand the work instructions using a procedures-based maintenance strategy and best practices for all maintenance tasks.
* Colaborates with maintenance supervision and operators supervision to schedule day-to-day manpower and re-sources for the most effective production and maintenance outcomes.
* Analyze and report on manpower needs and costs associated with preventive maintenance activities and submit budget proposals
* Reviews job plans, schedules, and work methods employed by others to execute maintenance projects and programs. Makes recommendations and affects improvements
* Plans,schedules and coordinates complex Production maintenance projects. Maintains project management records to facilitate control of the work and for general reporting purposes.
* Prepares and/or reviews estimates and standard one costs for major maintenance work accomplished through common construction practices.
* Develops and submits annual budget information for planned maintenance projects and programs for use in development of Annual Budgets.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* The employee must have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, or job experience that is equivalent to that Masters degree.
* The employee most have a minimun of five years experience working in a responsible position managing construction and/or major maintenance activities
* The employee must have experience in maintaintng and or operating heavy utility equipment in a power plant or industrial.
* The employee must have maintenance planning, scheduling, and supervisory experience.
* Emperience or responsiblity for large-scale institutional construction or maintenance project work is strongly preferred.
* Experience with benchmarking and quality control of construction work is desired.
* Computer skills required include knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
* Experience with computerized maintenance systems (CMMS) required.
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
* Must be able to climb ladders and examine work that may be conducted in high, precarious elevations.
* Must be able to wear al forms of respirators and work in confined spaces
* Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met,
WORKING ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
* While performing the duties of thts job, will regularly have potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather, noisy, and sometimes dusty environments.
Send Resume to: PO Box 1036 Champaign, IL 61824