Requisition ID: 62462
Location: Presence Res Behavioral Health
1820 South 25th Avenue, Broadview, IL 60155 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 4
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Behavioral Health Technician provides direct patient care and supportive services to persons with behavioral health disorders in the residential treatment setting or community mental health center. Documents all interventions according to established standards, organizational policies and the prevailing state rules for the provision of behavioral health services in residential treatment facilities and group homes, and community mental health centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care services in accordance with the specific modalities and frequencies prescribed by the Individual Care Plan of each patient.
- Provides respectful guidance and supervision to patients so as to assure the completion of daily activities in a manner that provides for personal safety, good hygiene and mutually enriching social interactions.
- Implements and assists patients with activities of daily living (ADLs) as indicated in the Individual Care Plan.
- Completes clinical documentation and other written reports according to established standards.
- Maintains a safe work environment by monitoring the social and physical environment of patients and preventing unsafe behavior using Crisis Prevention de-escalation techniques. Facilitates crisis intervention with both patients and family members as needed.
- Provides transportation and guidance to patients in the context of community outings, access to therapeutic and rehabilitative services and participation in social events.
- Reports maintenance, supply, life safety and quality care issues to the designated supervisor in a timely manner.
- Meets productivity standards as established by the Senior Clinician and/or Program Manager.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling and site assignment so as to provide coverage during emergency staffing shortages. Maintains required certifications and completes all training and continuing education requirements.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma required.
Associate's degree preferred. Relevant training e.g. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or some prior experience in a direct service capacity in a group home, nursing home, special needs setting, day care center or similar venue is preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Basic First Aid and CPR certification required. Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred.
Business Unit: Resurrection Behavioral Health
Job Function: Behavioral Health
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability