Requisition ID: 63431
Location: Presence Home Care Kankakee
179 East Bethel Drive, Bourbonnais, IL 60914 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Nurse Navigator - Home Health is a professional Registered Nurse (RN) who serves as an integrated part of the clinical team and provides post-acute assessment services to referral sources, families, and patients in order to determine the appropriate level of care and/or services. Identifies and implements placement of services to facilitate successful patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Provides support to the patient and family by listening and responding to their question/concerns and by guiding them through the discharge process. Educates patients and families in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and resources
available to them.
3. Utilizes clinical criteria to refer patients to appropriate resources for services or care and coordinates the process of obtaining referrals to those resources for patients and their families.
4. Promotes effective utilization of healthcare resources for placement in the appropriate care level post discharge by facilitating implementation of and updates to patient's discharge plan. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary healthcare team to achieve
optimal clinical outcomes.
5. Provides education and consultation to physicians and other health care providers regarding resources and services available to patients.
6. Collaborates with physicians, patients and families in the after-care planning process. Coordinates team efforts to ensure all critical elements have been communicated to the patient/family.
7. Documents all discharge planning activities and reviews data to ensure accuracy. Reviews processes with the goal of improving the clinical experience for referred patients and their physician. Works collaboratively with the hospital team and with Presence
Health to facilitate any needed changes.
8. Monitors regulatory issues and requirements regarding potential denial of benefits and provide information to appropriate individual. Contacts payer to assess benefit coverage and the need for prior authorization for post discharge care.
9. Intervenes to avoid concurrent denial of services by planning care and discharge with clinical team.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Minimum two years of experience in Case Management or similar role required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support (BLS)/CPR certification are required.
Business Unit: PLC Home Health Suburban
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability