Requisition ID: 60709
Location: Bolingbrook Corporate
1000 Remington Boulevard, Bolingbrook, IL 60440-5114 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Under the direction of the System CCO and in collaboration with Tele-Health administrative and clinical leadership, responsible to be the administrative physician leader for TeleICU services. The TeleICU Medical Director develops, implements, and evaluates the medical practice delivery model ensuring quality of care for the critical care population served by the TeleICU program. The TeleICU medical director is responsible for TeleICU physician oversight and contributes to the development of strategic partnerships to grow and improve TeleICU operations internally and externally. This role works collaboratively with senior leaders, TeleICU leadership, Tele-Health leadership, clinical staff and external partners to promote, educate and communicate services and benefits of the TeleICU program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides medical staff leadership and participates in system and local critical care committee meetings pertaining to TeleICU services.
- Manages and provides oversight of TeleICU physicians ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process for TeleICU providers and performs ongoing clinical supervision including professional practice evaluation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of vision, strategies, and operational tactics for the TeleICU program.
- Creates and utilizes relationships with key opinion, clinical, administrative and business leaders to define and capitalize on market outreach opportunities.
- Provides analysis of existing TeleICU program and services and makes recommendations for alternative methods to enhance quality of care, cost efficiencies, productivity, and improved process performance.
- Seeks to advance the capabilities of TeleICU services through innovation and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Medicine
- Current Illinois medical license. Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license, and State controlled substance license.
- Board Certification in Critical Care Medicine
- Proven leadership experience
- Five years' experience managing a physician group or serving as an ICU Medical Director
- Understanding of clinical performance improvement processes
- Experience and effective implementation of multi-disciplinary care delivery models
Business related computer skills including knowledge with MS Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Illinois medical license, Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license, and State of controlled substance license.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
Department Name: TeleICU Operations