Security Guard - Security 001 - PRN,Day - ABH - Bolingbrook,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Trains and mentors staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV).
- Security Guard credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) card preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.