Requisition ID: 38072
Location: Bolingbrook Corporate
1000 Remington Boulevard, Bolingbrook, IL 60440-5114 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
Provide continuous early intervention and ongoing care with the goal to decrease ICU related morbidity and mortality. Work in collaboration with the bedside staff, residents, attending, and consultant physicians to maintain best practice and optimal patient outcomes. Serve as a clinical resource to bedside caregivers in various locations within the ICU and outreach facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the TeleICU team and bedside ICU interdisciplinary team in a collegial manner to provide safe and error-free care during routine care and emergent conditions. Provide courteous, enthusiastic phone communication to employees at Hospital sites and outreach sites.
- Provide continuous early intervention and ongoing care with the goal to decrease ICU-related morbidity and mortality. Provide near continuous attendance to the electronic console during full shift in accordance with criteria established by the TeleICU Medical Director.
- Perform visual exams and monitoring of critical care patients through real-time computer technology including audio and video camera components.
- Monitor and assess patients' vital signs, laboratory results, and/or other clinical indicators to determine signs of distress or complications and alerts the patient's nurse, attending physician and/or prescribe treatment.
- Use remote-control communication devices to see and hear bedside activities and orally communicate with the hospital ICU staff and patients.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound decision-making skills. Ability to make rapid and clinically accurate decisions based on best practice and evidence based practice
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, consensus and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexibility and ability to perform both independently and as a team member
- Ability to function with tact and poise in stressful situations
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent clinical skills, knowledge, judgment, and leadership in an independent environment
Education and/or Experience
- M.D. or D.O. and current licensure to practice in Illinois
- Physician must have completed an ACGME/AOA-accredited residency training program and must have achieved Board Certification in Critical Care Medicine or certification by the ABMS approved board in the discipline in which the practitioner practices or currently meets the qualifications required to take the board and successfully completes the board examination within two (2) years of appointment as eICU physician, and completion of an accredited training program in critical care medicine.
- Applicant must demonstrate that they have had a significant commitment to the practice of Critical Care Medicine in the past 12 months.
- Applicant must have ACLS certification and maintain such certification as an ongoing requirement for TeleICU
- telemedicine privileges. All TeleICU physicians will be monitored using established quality criteria developed and approved by the appropriate medical staff department. In addition, each physician is requested to attend TeleICU physician department meetings at least quarterly.
- Proficiency in eCare Manager
- Proficiency in all hospital based EMR
- Proficiency with windows-based computer applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
License to practice medicine in the state of Illinois
Board certification in one of the following disciplines: Critical Care Medicine or subspecialty board certification,Internal Medicine or Anesthesiology, in Critical Care Medicine. Or board eligible; on hire and within 2 years of employment obtain critical care board certification.
Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license, state controlled substance license when necessary, and staff privileges at all hospitals for which coverage is being provided.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
Department Name: TeleICU Operations II