Requisition ID: 44388
Location: Bolingbrook Corporate
1000 Remington Boulevard, Bolingbrook, IL 60440-5114 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Credentialing Specialist, Revenue Cycle, Presence Medical Group
This position is located at 1000 Remington Blvd., Bolingbrook, IL 60440
The Credentialing Specialist assists with coordinating, monitoring, and maintaining the credentialing and re-credentialing process. Facilitates all aspects of credentialing including onboarding, re-credentialing, expirables, and reporting. Maintains the confidentiality, accuracy, and integrity of all business/work and medical staff information according to federal and state guidelines. Experience with payer credentialing is required for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilities all aspects of credentialing including; appointment, data collection, reappointment, on-boarding, monitoring and privileging for medical staff and allied health practitioners.
- Assist in compliance with the accrediting and regulatory agencies (i.e., JCAHO) in regards to credentialing while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statutes and laws.
- Responsible for ensuring the timeliness of credentialing/re-credentialing verification processes and tracks all application to assure turnaround time is appropriate.
- Duties include the gathering, verification and evaluation of confidential healthcare provider credentials, as well as follow-up in obtaining documentation relevant to the credentialing.
- Ensures that accurate up-to-date data for each applicant is entered into the database.
- Assists in managing the flow of information between the various teams and departments needed to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with preparation and attendance at medical staff meetings as requested.
- Maintains records and files as appropriate.
- Interacts with employees, medical center administrative staff, physicians and office staff.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Healthcare experience desired. Credentialing and medical staff office experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Midas is a plus.
Business Unit: Presence Medical Group N/T
Department Name: Revenue Cycle PMG