Requisition ID: 44782
Location: Presence Mercy Medical Center
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: Rotating 1st & 2nd; Must be able to work Weekends and Holidays
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Transporter escorts patients by wheelchair, stretcher, or patient bed between departments and support in the transport of equipment and supplies as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transports patients and visitors to any department in the hospital by stretcher, wheelchair, walking, or patient bed.
- Assists patients with wheelchair transfers.
- Provides general hospital information either verbally or by providing an Information Packet.
- Moves various types of medical equipment and supplies throughout the facility according to established timeframes and procedures. Delivers items from the front desk to any department within the hospital.
- Transports and assists patients throughout the facility to various departments and aids discharged patients in leaving the hospital.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. One year of patient transportation and/or O2 transport experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Health