Requisition ID: 39258
Location: PLC McAuley Manor
400 West Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL 60506 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere for patient comfort. Keeps patient/residents' room clean and orderly.
- Provides skin care and is knowledgeable in care needed to maintain or improve skin integrity.
- Collaborates with the licensed nurse in implementing and evaluating the plan of care and functional status.
- Assists with admissions, transfers, morgue transport and discharge of patient/resident.
- Replenishes patient's supplies as needed.
- Identifies patient/family education needs and reports them to the licensed nurse.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in senior services preferred.
Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability