Therapist I - Bev Health OP 003 - Full-Time,Day - Center for Mental Health - Arlington Heights,IL
Shift: 1 evening until 9pm required, Saturdays 9-1 required, Other hours flexible
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, or Psychology required
- Master's degree Behavioral Science, Social Science, or Psychology highly needed
- Experience with child & adolescent population highly preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in mental health preferred.
- Qualified candidate will also have successfully completed a practicum or internship that included a minimum of 1,000 hours of supervised direct service in a mental health setting, or who has one year of clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP
- Spanish speaking preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.