Title: Senior Network Engineer
City, State: Joliet, IL
Location: Alexian Brothers Health System
Department: ABHS Info Svcs ABHN
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Applies technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures. Successfully troubleshoots most applications problems independently.
- Participates in design, contributing technical insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works with customers to understand and explain business and technical issues, respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables.
- Writes basic documentation of a new or proposed system. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team. Contributes to project plans, RFP's and RFI's.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Four or more years of experience required.
- Knowledge of layer 1-7, wireless, basic trouble shooting of connectivity issue
- Very strong understanding of current Cisco networking technologies, platforms and configuration for Router / Switch / Wireless
- Adept with Cisco IOS and its variants, specifically the ability to read, write, and explain command-line level detail
- Demonstrated expertise network design and network technology
- Must be available to work off-hours project implementation schedules and support on-call rotations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with internal teams and business clients and shows customer-first attitude / ability to work in inter-departmental team environments
- Works as individual contributor, and is self-driven
- Experience working with networking in healthcare preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.