Case Manager - BH Mental Hlth Svcs OP 005 - Part-Time,Day - The Harbor - Waukegan,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; during the week; some flexibility in schedule but 5, 4 hour shifts each week is preferred
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to:
Provide intensive (high level of contact) case management and housing support (which includes locating and securing private market housing units available to homeless/at-risk individuals) for a caseload of multi-diagnosed (HIV, mental illness, and/or substance use) clients with a history of homelessness.
- Provides assigned patient counseling services and case management.
- Provides screening to potential clients to determine program eligibility and appropriateness for housing placement.
- Completes all required intakes and assessment paperwork on all clients.
- Systematically and continually assesses the patient's coping mechanisms and progress.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching methods and/or referral sources.
- Instructs clients in budgeting, employment interviewing and job search, and other necessary skills to secure and maintain housing.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with property owners and landlords of client-occupied apartments, as well as additional housing units throughout Lake County.
- Provides intensive and ongoing monitoring of clients to maintain housing stability, provides support and crisis intervention as necessary.
- Attends and participates in all required trainings and meetings.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- Diploma, High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in social work/human services-related field preferred.
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge and experience with case management, substance abuse, mental health, HIV/AIDS, homeless issues preferred. Sensitivity toward and the ability to work with a diverse, at-risk, formerly homeless population (racial, ethnic, national origin, religious, gender, and sexual orientation).
- Ability to work both independently and in a collegial multidisciplinary team setting.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a car and ability to travel in the Lake County area.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.