Title: Aftercare Specialist
City, State: Arlington Heights, IL
Location: AMITA Health - Center for Mental Health
Department: BH Mental Hlth Svcs OP 014 - CILA
Additional Job Details: PRN(As needed for coverage)
Shift: Various shifts including possible daytime, overnights and weekend coverage, flexibility is needed
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Assists clients by assessing their needs, solving problems, setting goals and obtaining required services.
- Conducts initial intake procedures. Assesses needs and eligibility of potential clients.
- Participates in the initial assessment process, service plan of care development, and ongoing monitoring of each client's care.
- Obtains extensive social history from client and/or family member upon admission to program.
- Resolves client problems by clarifying the issue, determining the cause; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent, High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science or related field preferred
- One year of experience working in community mental health or in the behavioral health field required, vocational experience preferred.
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterik), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.