Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Academic Support Services Administrator to join our team of professionals.
* Provides support for the Core Concepts in Medicine course. Oversees faculty onboarding in small group teaching and student assessment skills and manages all aspects of course functioning (scheduling of faculty and classrooms, keeping the grade-book, building and administering examinations, maintaining the course Learning Management System (LMS) online, preparing and distributing all materials for faculty and students, maintaining student files, tracking absences, tardiness, make-ups, and remediation, and providing administrative assistance during class sessions).
* In collaboration with other FIU HWCOM faculty and staff, develops and maintains comprehensive curriculum and faculty development databases.
* Together with the Assistant Dean of Teaching & Learning plans, designs, implements, and delivers faculty development activities (online, on and off campus). Manages approval of Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit for applicable activities.
* Maintains the calendars of the Assistant Dean of Teaching & Learning and assists them with administrative and special projects to advance faculty development and student learning.
* Independently conducts faculty evaluations of teaching and small group facilitation (evaluations include: appraisal of the adequacy of logistical preparation and evidence of sound curricular planning, design, and delivery; efficacy and effectiveness of classroom management/small group facilitation skills; assessment of the faculty member's ability to promote social learning and critical thinking; and, if applicable, suggestions for strengthening pedagogical skills), create verbal and written reports on evaluation results, and monitor improvement.
* Represents the Associate Dean for Faculty and the Director of Clinical Faculty Development at designated meetings
* Liaises and coordinates development efforts between FIU Center for the Advancement of Teaching and FIU HWCOM.
* Develops and maintains a library of learning and teaching resources for faculty and staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree and four (4) years of experience.
* Degree in Education, Educational Psychology, Psychology or Higher Education Administration preferred.
* Previous experience in educational delivery, design, administration and/or faculty development preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 514371. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.