Medical Assistant-AHMG - PC FM Western Springs Prac - Full-Time,Day - Wolf Road - Western SpringsIL,IL
General Schedule: 36 hours - Saturday rotation 8am to 1pm - generally will be every 4th Saturday. At least 1 to 2 evenings a week until 8:30pm. Family Practice experience preferred, and being comfortable doing blood draws and vaccines on peds and adults.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredGraduate of certified medical assistant program preferred
- Previous experience in an assigned specialty preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.