ADJUNCT FACULTY OPENINGS
There are openings for adjunct faculty. To access open adjunct faculty positions, please click on http://www.wilmu.edu/faculty/instructorpool.aspx.
Applications are only accepted for current positions.
Wilmington University is committed to academic excellence in our classrooms; relevant programs in our curriculum; and caring, personal attention to our students. One of our great strengths is the enthusiastic, personal involvement of our trustees, administrators, faculty, staff, and alumni in creating a sense of community. We believe that the opportunity for higher education should be available to all who seek it, and we will continue to meet the ongoing challenges that higher education presents in the years ahead. Not all programs/courses are offered at every Wilmington University location - please refer to the University's website for additional information.
All applicants for adjunct faculty positions are required to have a minimum of Master's degree in a field related to the discipline in which they are applying to teach. A doctorate degree is preferred and for some programs, a minimum of a doctorate degree is required. In addition to the required education credentials, applicants are expected to have a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the discipline they are applying to teach. Experience teaching at the post-secondary education level is preferred.Adjunct teaching applicants are expected to have strong written and oral communications skills and:
* Understand the mission and values of Wilmington University.
* Proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of office products.
* Experience in using Blackboard LMS technology preferred.
* Must be willing to complete Wilmington University's Blackboard (Learning Management System) training if selected
* Must be able to abide by tight deadlines required of a 7 week Block format curriculum if selected
* Must have knowledge of various instructional strategies designed to meet the course instructional objectives and add to student learning.
* Must be able to develop a personalized course outline designed to follow a generic syllabus provided by the University if selected
* Must be able to provide relevant work experience to the instructional content of the course.
* Qualified applicants may be asked to present a writing sample
* Qualified Applicants may be asked to present a 10-minute teaching sample for the Program's Director and Chair as part of the interview process.
Complete the application, attach your resume, include a cover letter indicating any other relevant information not included in your application or resume, and a copy of your transcripts for the highest degree earned (for copies of transcripts, scan and save on your computer as a .pdf file, then attach in the "Attach resume and other attachments" section of the application)
Directions for how to complete the application process are available on the University's website at http://www.wilmu.edu/faculty/documents/adjunct_positions_how_to_apply_updated.pdf
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency