(PT) Adjunct Program Coordinator - Advanced Programs
Effective immediately: (PT) Adjunct Program Coordinator in the College of Education at Wilmington University at the Wilson Graduate Center.
Requirements: A bachelor's degree and a post-baccalaureate degree are required. A doctorate degree is highly preferred. The candidate must have experience as a school leader. Must have excellent communication, customer service, student service and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented and able to work with a diverse population. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently as well as work successfully in a team environment. The candidate will be required to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Taskstream, Banner, or similar information systems is required. Must accurately type 35-55 wpm
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Provide direct guidance and support to candidates during their EDL clinic/practicum.
2. Support the strategic initiative of enhancing academic excellence by providing professional development that is targeted and ongoing for dissertation in practice advisors.
3. Strengthen the EDL program and the University's mission to provide "individual attention to students" by increasing accessibility and access to support and response to issues from candidates and adjuncts.
4. Accessible to students regarding their programmatic questions either by face to face meetings at site locations, phone calls or emails.
5. Support the University's mission's commitment to "relevancy of curriculum" by working on and enabling the transition from ELCC Standards to NELP Standards.
6. Communicate with and directly to the Director, Program Chair and other appropriate faculty for planning and designing course information, programs, etc.
7. Participate in planning and deportment of summer orientation program for each new cohort, each year.
8. Perform other duties which may be requested by chairs and approved/assigned by Director.
Hours of Employment: This is a 10 hour/week position. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm - depending on student, faculty and program needs. Availability during late afternoon and evening hours is required.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: February 20, 2019
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff to all postings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status or other characteristics protected by law.
The security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Wilmington University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report contains information for all Wilmington University sites regarding campus security programs, recommended personal safety practices, the authority of University Public safety Officers, campus disciplinary procedures, and campus crime statistics for the most recent three year period can be found online at http://www.wilmu.edu/safety/2016_US-AnnualSecurityReport_Update_2.pdf or a hard copy may be requested from the Wilmington University Department of University Safety at (302) 325-3333.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WILMU&cws=1&rid=994
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency