Under the supervision of the Senior Staff Accountant, the Accounting Specialist will assist in a wide variety of accounting and financial responsibilities.
* Prepare and processes daily journal entries for university cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger system.
* Perform daily analysis and reconciliations of various financial accounts, bank accounts, and credit card systems.
* Prepare and process fund transfers between various University programs.
* Prepare, review and enter various journal entries into the general ledger system.
* Perform monthly petty cash and bank account reconciliations.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level and responsibilities of the position.
* Associate of Science in Accounting
* Minimum of 2 years of general accounting experience as well as an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Excellent mathematical, accounting and analytical skills to perform daily tasks.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Higher education and Ellucian/Banner experience preferred.
* Must be well organized, detail oriented and take pride in their work.
* Ability to work under pressure and to multitask.
* Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
* Ability to work confidentially and with discretion and always maintaining professionalism when working with both internal and external users.
* $40,000 to $42,000
How to Apply: All information on candidates will be kept confidential. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com. Please reference Search# 17-17A in the subject line of the email to help ensure proper delivery.
University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer