Position Title: Assistant Director of Alumni Center and Foundation Event Operations
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Facilities
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: FA: Facilities
Date Reviewed: 1/18/2018
Date Modified (if applicable): 1/18/2018 By J. Sweeney
Serves as the manager for all Alumni Center and UConn Foundation Storrs based meetings and events. Trains and oversees student facility staff for the Alumni Center relative to event operations. Position requires flexible schedule with a lot of night and weekend availability.
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings and events in the Alumni Center and UConn Foundation, including room reservations, catering needs, room setup, and building access as necessary. Communicates all AV needs for internal meetings effectively to UConn Foundation IT Department.
- Responsible for all financial transactions with regard to use of facilities for events and meetings, where applicable.
- Serves as on-site liaison to the Division of Athletics for Sports Museum related event issues.
- Recruits, hires, trains and manages students for Alumni Center event operations. . Identifies and coordinates additional staffing schedules as appropriate for Alumni Center events.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively any issues in need of repair or attention as it pertains to the maintenance and good standing of the Alumni Center to the Director of Facilities.
- Provides staffing support for selected VIP events held at the Alumni Center and UConn Foundation. This includes all events where alcohol is served.
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedules – in order to meet the needs of Alumni Center and UConn Foundation events which include many nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift and move furniture, equipment and other related materials up to 50 lbs.
- Well organized, creative in problem solving when needed. High level of integrity, initiative and the ability to work in a professional environment with a strong orientation towards teamwork.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the University efficiently, professionally and effectively.
- Ability and willingness to meet the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40 hour work week. Must have reliable personal transportation and a valid driver’s license issued from the state in which employee resides. Employee must maintain, at his or her expense, automobile liability insurance coverage in the minimum amount of $500,000 or a combination of umbrella and automobile liability insurance coverage of $500,000. Evidence of this coverage, in the form of a certificate of automobile insurance, must be provided to the Foundation at hire and annually thereafter.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with hospitality or events experience. Experience in Facility Operations helpful.
Please apply at the link below