WFC is seeking part-time Youth Program Specialists for its RISE After School Program. The Youth Program Specialist is responsible for developing and facilitating enrichment and recreational activities for high school students enrolled in the RISE After School Program. The Youth Program Specialist is also responsible for the daily management/operation of the program site.
This position requires typical work operations and responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Recruit youth (high school) and maintain enrollment
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments of youth participants
- Maintain accurate youth records
- Establish goals for each youth; complete annual evaluations for youth
- Plans lessons and activities, including group activities, guest speakers and field trips.
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term supportive counseling and case management for program youth as needed.
- Associates Degree in Human Service or related field preferred
- Three years of experience working with at-risk youth preferred; teaching experience preferred
- Outreach and/or youth counseling experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to engage and interact positively with youth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Must acquire and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Bilingual a plus
START DATE: 03/19/2018
HOURS PER WEEK: 20
Please send resume, credentials, and certification to the attention of the Human Resource Manager.