WFC is seeking part-time substitutes for its RISE After School Program to cover shifts as needed. The substitute Youth Program Specialist is responsible for facilitating planned enrichment and recreational activities for high school students enrolled in the RISE After School Program. Substitutes are also responsible for the daily management/operation of the program site.
This position requires typical work operations and responsibilities such as but not limited to:
- Cover shifts as needed at both RISE afterschool program sites
- Maintain accurate youth records
- Implement planned lessons and activities, including group activities, guest speakers and field trips.
- Assist youth with homework or other school day related projects
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term supportive counseling and case management for program youth as needed.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate Degree in human service discipline preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working with at-risk youth preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must acquire and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Bilingual a plus
START DATE: 03/19/2018
HOURS PER WEEK: PER DIEM
Please send resume, credentials, and certification to the attention of the Human Resource Manager.