Function as a behavioral health clinician for the Housatonic Youth Service Bureau. The incumbent works collaboratively with the HYSB staff, the schools of the Region One School District, partnering community agencies, school staff and parents to deliver clinical services, positive youth development, and prevention programming to children in grades K-12 and their families. The incumbent’s primary area of responsibility is providing one to one counseling and leading community initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provides individual and family mental health counseling
- Provides case management services for families
- Responsible for providing clients with community resource information and referrals
- Maintains patient confidentiality and updated case records
- Coordinates with local service providers to co-facilitate youth groups
- Develops and coordinates clinical treatment plan for clients on caseload
- Participates in weekly supervision with the Clinical Director and other agency meetings
- Collaborates with area schools to identify students in need of support services
- Facilitates positive youth development programs
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director or Executive Director
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Clinician should have experience working with children and families in the mental health setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in social work, marriage and family therapy or related counseling field
- Active professional licensure by the State of CT or license eligible (LCSW, LMFT, LPC)