Western Connecticut State University
Macricostas School of Arts & Sciences
Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for the position of Dean for the Macricostas School of Arts & Sciences.
The Macricostas School of Arts & Science values quality teaching, scholarship and creative activity. The school serves approximately 1,958 undergraduate and 71 graduate students. The School offers twenty-one undergraduate majors and five graduate majors. WCSU is committed to enhancing our diverse university community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, members of diverse racial, ethnic, and national groups, veterans and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. More information on the Macricostas School of Arts & Sciences can be found at http://www.wcsu.edu/sas/.
WCSU is located in Danbury, a city in Fairfield County, 50 miles north of New York City. The University is located on two campuses and serves over 5,000 undergraduate and 600 graduate students. WCSU is one of four comprehensive universities that comprise the Connecticut State University System. WCSU is divided into the Macricostas School of Arts & Sciences, School of Professional Studies, School of Visual & Performing Arts, and Ancell School of Business. For more information, please visit: wcsu.edu www.wcsu.edu
Position Summary: The Dean will be responsible for promoting, developing, and sustaining the School's educational, scholarly, and public service programs. The Dean provides collegial leadership and consensus building for faculty organized into 13 departments - Biological & Environmental Sciences; Chemistry; Communication & Media Arts; Computer Science; English; History & Non-Western Cultures; Mathematics; Philosophy & Humanistic Studies; Physics, Astronomy & Meteorology; Psychology; Social Sciences; World Languages & Literature; and Writing, Linguistics, and Creative Process. The Dean of the Macricostas School of Arts and Sciences reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs.
* A record of significant teaching, scholarship, or creative activity, including an earned doctorate in a field appropriate to the School's curricula.
* Substantial academic administrative experience such as chairperson, program director or the equivalent, including experience in enrollment and fiscal management.
* Experience in academic program development, curricular design and assessment.
* Experience with accreditation processes.
* Experience working with a variety of educational platforms, such as online, hybrid and other digital strategies is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, problem solve, and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external constituencies of the University.
* Experience working with a diverse student constituency and evidence of commitment to student success.
* Experience with campus governance, collective bargaining agreements, faculty selection and faculty evaluation is preferred.
* Experience in obtaining external grants and fundraising is preferred.
Salary & Benefits: The minimum starting salary is $119,000. In addition to offering competitive salaries commensurate with candidates' experience, WCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package. Additional information on benefits can be found at www.wcsu.edu/hr/benefits/.
Application Process: Interested applicants must submit a letter of application, which outlines the applicant's potential to contribute to the advancement of the Macricostas School of Arts & Sciences and the University and describe how his/her experience corresponds with the requested qualifications; a current curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of four (4) professional references. Application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials should be submitted as PDF files.
Applications must be received by Friday, March 9, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
State and Federal requirements expect that organizations with 100 or more employees invite applicants to self-identify gender and race. We kindly request all applicants to complete the Affirmative Action Data Questionnaire and to please return the completed form to Ms. Keisha Stokes in the WCSU Office of Diversity and Equity at email@example.com. Completion of this data will not affect your opportunity for employment, or terms or conditions of employment. This form will be used for reporting purposes only and will be kept separate from all search records and only accessed by the Office of Diversity and Equity. The Affirmative Action Data Questionnaire, can be found on the following link: http://wcsu.edu/hr/employment/AA_Data_Questionnaire_FillableForm.pdf.
WCSU is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer