Grounds Equipment Operator
Job #: 1909017
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $19.45-$21.92/hourly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UC Santa Cruz strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the supervision of the Grounds Assistant Superintendent, the incumbent operates a large variety of turf maintenance related equipment, including but not limited to: lawn mowers, blowers, edgers, trenchers, turf tractors, rollers, aerators, dethatchers, fertilizer spreaders, etc. All campus turf, including landscape turf and sports turf, is mowed and edged on a regular schedule. The Turf Crew also performs projects such as aeration, fertilizing, overseeding, and top dressing as needed and as schedule allows on landscape and sports turf. Two days of the week this position will be dedicated to storm drain system maintenance including inspection, sediment removal, and other tasks.
* Experience and knowledge of operating trenchers, turf tractors with a large variety of attachment (aerator, fertilizer spreader, rotary mower, boom sprayer, slit seeder, topdresser, etc.), and smaller grounds related equipment, including aerators, thatchers, blowers, weed eaters, rototillers, etc.
* Must have skill and ability in assessing equipment safety and performing routine maintenance on equipment used.
* Must be skilled and safe in the operation of a vehicle with a trailer attached, including backing into areas and operating in an active student population environment.
* Must be skilled in the operation of all related equipment with a priority for personal safety and the safety of an active student, staff, and faculty population in the vicinity.
* Must be able to negotiate and carry out work safely in uneven territory such as stream beds, and hillsides.
* Must have a valid license to drive in the State of California and have a good driving record.
* Ability to move up to 75 pounds with or without accommodation.
* Ability to work outdoors with no known allergic reaction to grasses, pollens, dust, herbicides, insecticides, fertilizers, etc.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 09-12-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site @ https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency