Educational Partnership Center
Job #: 1909035
Full Time; Contract
Starting Salary Range: $3,833.33-$4,166.67/monthly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UC Santa Cruz strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general supervision of the MESA Assistant Director, the Academic Coordinator will participate in efforts to provide STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) enrichment and college readiness to middle and high school students involved in MESA and/or similar STEM programs in Santa Cruz and Monterey counties. The Academic Coordinator will coordinate large-scale outreach events and will support efforts to increase the number of educationally disadvantaged and/or low-income students who attain eligibility and competitiveness for admission to postsecondary education.
The Educational Partnership Center (EPC) coordinates new and longstanding student academic preparation efforts of the University of California, Santa Cruz with the goal of increasing access and opportunity to postsecondary education for students across the Monterey Bay and Silicon Valley/San Jose regions.
We provide an array of direct services, supporting students on the college-going pathway through tutoring, mentoring, academic planning and counseling, leadership training, test preparation, college awareness and enrichment, and teacher professional development.
The MESA Schools Program, under the umbrella of the EPC, serves under-represented, low-income, or first-generation-college-bound students from Santa Cruz and Monterey counties, with the goal of preparing students for success in Science, Technology, Math and Engineering majors in college.
To learn more about the Educational Partnership Center (EPC) and the UC Santa Cruz MESA Schools Program, please visit: https://epc.ucsc.edu/ and https://mesa.ucsc.edu/.
* Bachelor's degree in related area.
* Knowledge and experience working with educational equity programs serving a diverse student population.
* Knowledge of K-12 and higher education institutions (UC, CSU, CC, etc.), admissions and financial aid requirements, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to youth, parents, and school representatives.
* Knowledge of issues facing low-income, first generation youth.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with school district administrators, school counselors, principals, teachers, and community contacts.
* Must have the ability to work evening, weekends, and travel within service area and nationally, if necessary.
* Must be able to move materials, weighing up to 25-30 pounds, with or without accommodation.
* Will be required to provide proof of negative TB test results within 60 days of hire.
* Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 09-17-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site @ https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency