The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is one of the finest museums on the West coast and is celebrated for the superb quality of its permanent collection. Its mission is to integrate art into the lives of people through internationally recognized exhibitions and special programs, as well as the thoughtful presentation of its permanent collection.
This position reports to the Director of IT and supports management of the Archives as well as the permanent collection. This position will assist Registration with data clean-up projects using TMS, assist IT with online publication of the Museum exhibition history, and prepare digitized material for online publication. The Digitization Specialist will be one of the first to learn how to operate the latest software and hardware for high-end digitization of works of art and participate in the Museum's ongoing efforts to publish its permanent collection of some 25,000 works of art online. S/he will digitize a variety of archival material and assist in its organization so that it is easily searchable for internal use. The Digitization Specialist will also participate in routine activities of the Registration department, offering an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in learning how to document, track, and handle works of art.
- Digitize a variety of archival material
- Organize and make material easily accessible and searchable for internal use
- Prepare digitized material for online publication
- Assist the Registration department with data clean-up projects relating to permanent collection using TMS
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in Art History, History, Museum Studies, or related field.
Experience: At least one year digitization and data entry experience
- Familiarity with flatbed scanners, slide scanners, and digital cameras
- Photoshop experience preferred
- Familiarity with a collections database; TMS preferred
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Schedule: Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Status: Regular - Eligible for full benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, and more.
- Compensation: $18.00/hour
- Successful Background Check is required
Submission packet: application, resume and cover letter
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications found at: https://www.sbma.net/about/careers
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101