San Mateo County Community College District
Professional Expert Job Description
Position: College Physician
Department: Student Health Clinic
Location: College of San Mateo
Under the direction of the Director of the Wellness Center, provides a flexible combination of medical leadership and clinical practice. In conjunction with the Director of the Wellness Center, the College Physician shares responsibility for the clinical integrity of the Student Health Clinic program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
1. Oversee health services delivery at Student Health Clinic, including creating protocols that reflect best practices for staff to use in their clinical practice.
2. Work a minimum of 10 clinical hours onsite per month (4-6 hours per week preferred) and up to 14 administrative hours per month. Examines, diagnoses, and treats all students with a focus on family planning and adolescent medicine.
3. Enrolled and in good standing with Medi-Cal in order to provide Family PACT services to patients, this includes clinical competency in inserting IUDs.
4. Serves as supervising physician for physician assistant and nurse practitioners (including signing Delegation of Services' and Scope of Practice' agreements).
5. Acts as a primary consultant on all cases referred by other staff members.
6. Completes medical charts and other documentation in a timely manner.
7. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the Wellness Center.
1. Principles and practice of adolescent and family planning medicine.
2. State and federal laws pertaining to medicine, public health and community health centers.
3. Structure and function of a student health center.
1. Communicate effectively with patients and their families.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and general public.
Experience and Education:
1. Experience or background that demonstrates knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services.
2. Demonstrates sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve. Sensitivity to, knowledge, and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
1. Demonstrate special interest in area of college health, including family planning.
Licenses and Certificates:
1. Valid California Medical License.
2. Valid DEA License.
3. Valid CPR Card.
The College of San Mateo Physician can work a minimum of 10 clinical hours onsite per month (4-6 hours per week preferred) and up to 14 administrative hours per month.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter of no more than 3-pages to College of San Mateo's Director of the Wellness Center, Emily Barrick firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should address the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the knowledge, abilities, and experience as listed in this announcement.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency