SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Posting Number: 0180045
Position Title: Manager I
Buildings & Grounds - AMENDED & EXTENDED
(All postings close at 4:00 PM): 03-23-2018
Job Type: Classified Manager
AMENDED & EXTENDED FROM 03-09-2018 CLOSING DATE TO 03-23-2018.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides administrative direction to personnel engaged in the maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment, the care and cleaning of buildings and grounds.
2. Supervises and directs the custodial department.
3. Evaluates the performance of assigned staff, participates in the employee selection process, and recommends necessary personnel actions.
4. Approves requisitions for materials and labor related to maintenance and operation activities, assigns workers, and is responsible for immediate emergency repairs.
5. Prepares sketches for proposed minor alterations and improvements or maintenance work, requests preparation of plans, and secures copies of available plans from appropriate District offices.
6. Prepares requests for contracts, including scope of work for maintenance work by contract.
7. Assists with application of state and federal construction grants.
8. Coordinates, prepares, and monitors budgets for buildings and grounds department.
9. Inspects, reviews, and approves all work orders for facilities contract work and recommends approval of payment to contractors, including final acceptance upon satisfactory completion of the contract work.
10. Coordinates construction to minimize disruptions with campus operations in cooperation with District, architects, and engineering consultants, inspectors, and necessary state and local agencies.
11. Confers with administrators and other officials, and advises as to the practicability and approximate cost of all types of maintenance and capital outlay work.
12. Assists with the preparation and management of the District deferred maintenance program, space inventory program, energy conservation projects, and 5-year construction plan.
13. Maintains environmental, health, and safety compliance for the District in accordance with District policies, local, state, and federal laws and regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DTSC.
14. Directs the hazardous materials removal and other related programs.
15. Represents the Buildings and Grounds department at meetings involving construction, maintenance, planning, and operations activities.
16. Estimates maintenance, grounds, custodial, and other operational costs.
17. Directs and coordinates the inspection of facilities and grounds for fire, safety, and health hazards.
18. Participates in professional organizations, maintains an understanding of current ideas, research, and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position.
19. Supervises and directs the District's recycling department and related activities.
20. Supervises and directs the District's duplicating department and related activities.
21. Supervises and directs the District's mail and courier department and related activities.
22. Participates in local, regional, and State activities to promote City College of San Francisco.
23. Performs related duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53424
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency