Job Number 201811295981
Full/Part Time Full Time
Schedule 8AM - 5PM
Salary $40,300 - $69,550
The Sustainability Program Coordinator develops, implements and monitors a wide range of short and long-term, campus-wide plans and projects related to campus sustainability. The incumbent would assist in leading the 9 different Working Groups including, Green Building Design, Clean Energy, Climate Protection, Sustainable Transportation, Sustainable Building Operations, Zero Waste, Procurement, Sustainable Food, and Sustainable Water Use. This position will oversee programs that result in institutional change through physical projects and will work with a variety of campus stakeholders to research, pilot, and advance projects that integrate sustainability. The incumbent will assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of student staff with a focus on mentorship that fosters a culture of sustainability on campus that embraces diverse, multicultural notions of caring for the environment. The Sustainability Program Coordinator reports to the Sustainability Officer.
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience/training in environmental science, management, or policy; architecture; engineering; or public health.
0 - 1 years of related experience.
Collects and analyzes data, paying attention to relevant details.
Ability to use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint for data entry, management, detailed analysis and report presentation.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Basic knowledge of U.S. Green Building Council rating systems.
Basic communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Basic knowledge of sustainability concepts and practices, including LEED systems, climate action plans, food service systems, procurement, and waste management practices.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Basic knowledge of environmental sustainability and policy.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
* Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
* In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
* U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
* Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
* Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position