Assistant Professor - Reading/Literacy Education
Department of Curriculum & Instruction
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction in the School of Education at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) seeks an Assistant Professor of Reading/Literacy Education, for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position with a minimum degree of an EdD or PhD.
The successful candidate will provide evidence of:
* A doctorate in reading, literacy, curriculum and instruction, or related field required with a minimum of 30 graduate hours in reading field
* A publication record in the field commensurate with a research intensive university
* Three or more years of successful public school experience in K-6 environment
* Successful teaching experience at the college level
* Strong collaboration skills with university colleagues and public school districts
* Experience teaching undergraduate and graduate courses both on-ground and on-line (or blended)
* Experience in advising students
* Experience in writing grant proposals and conducting research
* Successful teaching of diverse populations
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
* Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses
* Participating in accreditation efforts
* Serving as a faculty mentor and/or advisor to students in undergraduate and graduate programs
* Providing service at the department, school, university, local, state, and national levels
* Engaging in appropriate scholarly activities, including research and publication in refereed journals
* Supervising field interns
Application will be made by submitting a complete and current Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter, at least three professional reference letters, and official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please visit http://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/3484 to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue for 30 days.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans. A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.