Assistant Professor - Mathematics Education in Early Childhood/Elementary ECE/ELE
Department of Curriculum & Instruction
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction in the School of Education at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) seeks a faculty member with expertise in Mathematics Education at the ECE/elementary level for a full-time, 9-month, tenure track position.
The successful candidate will provide evidence of:
* A Doctorate in Mathematics education or ECE/elementary education with an emphasis in mathematics or related field
* A publication record in mathematics field commensurate with a research intensive university
* Three or more years of successful public school teaching experience at the ECE/elementary level in the mathematics field
* Successful teaching experience at the college level
* Successful teaching experience with diverse populations
* Strong collaboration skills with university colleagues and public school districts
* Experience with on-line and other technology-assisted instruction
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
* Teaching undergraduate and graduate Mathematics education related courses
* Participating in accreditation efforts
* Serving as a faculty mentor and/or advisor to students in undergraduate and graduate programs
* Engaging in appropriate scholarly activities, including research and publication in refereed journals
* Providing service at the department, school, university, local, state, and national levels
* Supervising field interns
Application will be made by submitting a complete and current Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter, at least three professional reference letters, and official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please visit http://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/3483 to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue for 30 days.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans. A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.