PLC Senior Services Location:
Presence Casa San Carlo Rtmnt Location Address:
420 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)Department:
40080425 Activities CSCRC Daily Hours:
Part-time Employment Type:
The Driver complies with the daily operations of the Patient Transportation Department. Picks up and returns patients for services at assigned facility in Presence Health owned and operated vehicles. Coordinates and performs the regularly scheduled maintenance of all motor pool vehicles to ensure the safety and security of all vehicles. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- Coordinates with Office Support staff the scheduling and routing of patients and families in need of transportation.
- Provides safe and prompt transportation for patients, families and Presence Health Associates to and from campus, as assigned by the Coordinator. Assists passengers both onto and off of the vehicle.
- Performs assignments as necessary to deliver/pick up items, supplies or equipment using hospital vehicles from vendors or other Presence Health sites.
- Reviews operational policies and procedures to ensure departmental compliance.
- Conducts regularly scheduled inspections of all transportation equipment (license, city sticker and plates). Reports any necessary repairs, safety or code related observations to the Director. Maintains proper records and reporting of department activities for assets and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates the Patient Transportation Department equipment to recommend strategies and solutions for improvements in operation and efficiency.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of transportation supplies (gas, windshield solvent, oil, etc.). Completes projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience as a Patient Transport Driver preferred.
- Knowledge of safe driving practices and regulatory requirements applicable to patient transportation are preferred.
- Valid Illinois driver's license (Commercial Driving License with passenger endorsement if required by type of vehicle) required.
- CPR certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Business Unit:
PLC Senior ServicesDepartment Name:
Activities CSCRCJob Function: