Presence Resurrection Med Cntr Location:
Presence Resurrection Med Location Address:
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)Department:
20550210 Nursing Administration RMC Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Supervisor, House supervises the activities of nursing and other personnel in all areas of the hospital on the evening, night shifts, holidays and weekends in order to ensure the provision of optimal patient care and services. Assumes administrative responsibility for the facility environment during evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays. Represents the facility administration after normal business hours and weekends to problem solve, etc., concerning the operations of the facility and patient care. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adjusts inpatient staffing, including calling staff in, sending staff home and reallocating existing staff, as needed.
- Coordinates patient placement on units to maximum productivity.
- Responds to emergency needs involving patients or staff in immediate need of administrative assistance.
- Interprets and applies Presence Health policies and procedures.
- Gathers information on patient care issues and/or physician issues and relays the information quickly to the appropriate Manager and/or Director.
- Conducts regular nursing unit rounds, visiting areas of responsibility.
- Maintains records of unit staffing adjustments on a per shift basis including four hour increments; adjustments are documented accordingly.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing is required. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum five years of nursing experience.
Supervisory experience preferred. Computer Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge of Meditech preferred. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License. CPR certification is required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and crisis prevention (CPI) certification are required within six months of hire.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med CntrJob Function
: Nursing COMPANY OVERVIEW:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability