We Are Hiring
Physician Advisor - Medical Affairs Admin 001 - Part-Time,Day - ABH - Bolingbrook,ILWhy Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org
) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides medical direction in the care management, clinical documentation improvement, coding, quality and/or compliance process.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Reviews medical records of identified patients to assist with the level of care and length of stay determination.
- Assists and manages the denial management process. Reviews and offers suggestions related to resources and service management.
- Provides education to physicians and other clinicians on regulatory requirements, appropriate utilization of alternate levels of care, community resources and end of life care.
- Develops strategy and processes to reduce denials and audits. Assists with appeals.
- Utilizes hospital data sources to identify & analyze patterns of over or under-utilization of services, quality metrics and makes recommendations towards achievement of those goals.
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
Work Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.