Payroll Associate Overview
Provide payroll support functions to Providence College Essential Duties:
1. Oversee web based time entry process for staff, students, and their supervisors. Reconcile, balance, process, and distribute payroll checks and direct deposit advices. According to established deadlines, distribute financial information to banking service providers, tax service providers, and accounting staff.
2. Manage all aspects of the monthly payroll including review, reconciliation, balance, process and distribute payroll checks and direct deposit advices. According to established deadlines, distribute financial information to banking service providers, tax service providers, and accounting staff.
3. Effect quarterly and year-end tax functions in conjunction with the Payroll Manager. Provide support for payroll systems, including Cyberfriar, Kronos, ADP , Apex, and SCT Action Web. Provide back-up support for all payroll positions including the Payroll Manager in his/her absence.
4. Supervise student office assistants. Marginal Duties:
1. Perform all other duties as may be required. Education and Experience Required
• High school education or equivalent.
• Three to five years' of related experience or an equivalent combination of technical school education and experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent organizational and communications skills.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize assignments while managing multiple tasks.
• Payroll experience required.
• Banner, Kronos, and ADP experience preferred. Physical Demands
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about Employee Status
Full Time Union Status
Non-Union Shift: If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information Requisition Number
AS113P Closing Date Open Until Filled
Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter