Job Title: Community Based Substance Abuse Specialist
Location: Warwick, RI 02886
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full Time
Founded in 1976, The Kent Center's mission is to improve the quality of life for men, women, children and families facing behavioral health challenges. Through a wide range of mental health, substance abuse and trauma-informed programs, and with the commitment of experienced and dedicated professionals, we are assisting people in their recovery.
Our staff collaborates fully to ensure a holistic approach to care that treats the person, not the illness. Above all, The Kent Center is dedicated to effective, compassionate service in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Conduct initial substance abuse assessment services to all clients on team.
- Provide individual, group, and family substance abuse treatment and counseling.
- Coordinates referrals to other substance abuse treatment programs or facilities in the community/state.
- Provide chemical dependency consultation, education and training to team personnel.
- Develop and implement treatment plans and document services consistent with Center standards.
- Coordinate discharge planning, follow up and aftercare.
- Monitor signs and symptoms of psychiatric functioning; medication regimen, and substance use.
- Coordinate services within the Center as needed.
- Complete billing forms, logs, data collection forms and clinical documentation in accordance with Center standards.
- Transport clients when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Two (2) years of relevant substance abuse experience.
CDP or working toward credentialing. LCDP preferred. Valid driver’s license is required.
Medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance; 401(k); 3 weeks' vacation per year, 10 sick days per year, 11 paid holidays per year
How to apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org