Executive Assistant to CEO
Large nonprofit organization in west suburbs seeking experienced Executive Assistant with strong analytical, technical and communication skills. Position will report directly to the CEO with additional support for others as designated by the CEO. Position will providing comprehensive administrative support in the areas of communications coverage, travel coordination, calendar and scheduling, processing expense reports and invoices, and maintaining payment records for external professional fees and services. . Key activities include providing day-to-day support and acting independently as projects as needed. Position will require interaction with both internal and external customers as well as be responsible for coordinating complex meetings both on and off site. Must have strong technical and analytic skills as position will independently create, edit, and/or prepare presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders, Board of Directors, and similar audiences. Additional duties will include;
- Acts as primary project lead on projects as assigned to ensure seamless coordination of multiple resources and drive successful outcomes.
- Prepares and reviews correspondence, notices, memoranda and reports independently and/or at the direction of the CEO and other leaders within the team. Assists in answering questions and responding to requests directed to the CEO and other members of the leadership team.
- Develops, coordinates, organizes and implements tracking systems to monitor organization matters, projects, assignments and deadlines.
- Creates and maintains databases, summaries, tables and charts to facilitate effective and efficient completion of projects and assignments.
- Acts as s confidential assistant to the CEO preserving the confidentiality of information related to the organization and teammates.
- Assists with confidential and/or sensitive matters; provides explanation and support where needed.
- Monitors department spend and ensures budgets are followed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree strongly desired
- At least four years of experience as an Executive Assistant for a function required
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface with all levels of leadership, internally and externally
- Excellent calendar management skills including scheduling and coordinating complex senior level meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in handling confidential and sensitive material
- Ability to meet negotiated deadlines, anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative and independently complete tasks
- Must utilize expert secretarial skills to create high quality documentation, acting independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use good judgement in setting work priorities, planning and organizing workload in the midst of interruptions
- High degree of personal integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects with continuing changing priorities
- May need to work extended hours on occasion to meet key deadlines
- May be required to travel up to 10-15%, largely local travel