Campus Minister VI - Assistant Director of Peer Ministry Overview
Assist in providing pastoral care to students with special attention to students' experiential knowledge of Catholic social teaching achieved through volunteer service to others. Help to implement the strategic plan for the Office of Mission and Ministry. Essential Duties:
1. Assist in the coordination and executive of elements of the Peer Ministry Program which is aimed at strengthening the spiritual lives of students through regular small-group faith sharing and ministerial formation. Train, direct, and supervise the Peer Ministers alongside the Director and Chaplain. Meet with staff on a routine basis to assist in their ongoing human formation. Support the continued growth of the program and student participation across all class years in creative and practically feasible ways. Create and oversee specialty Peer Ministry groups including, but not limited to, study abroad small groups and small groups tailored to student athletes. Enhance programming opportunities outside of regularly scheduled Peer Ministry small group meetings alongside the Director.
2. Assist the Chaplain in achieving the yearly and strategic goals of Campus Ministry. Hold weekly meetings with staff, participate in divisional meetings, assist the Chaplain and the Vice President for Mission & Ministry in strategic divisional planning, and serve on College committees when appropriate.
3. Provide pastoral care to students directly by offering availability both in the Campus Ministry Center and across campus. Meet with students; hold prayer time with students; and counsel students where appropriate.
4. Collaborate with colleagues in Campus Ministry to plan and execute programs throughout the year. Participate in retreat implementation, community building activities, activities that are campus-wide for Campus Ministry, etc. Marginal Duties:
Perform all other duties as may be required. Education and Experience Required
• Graduate Degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or related field from an accredited institution required.
• Two to three years' experience in peer ministry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in outreach and evangelization
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who is comfortable with, and knowledgeable about the faith
• Must possess good teamwork and communication skills
• Must have familiarity with the needs and interests of college students and a willingness to accommodate student schedules
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other computer skills required Physical Demands
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about Employee Status
Full Time Union Status
First If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information Requisition Number
AS111P Closing Date Open Until Filled
Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Response to the PC Mission
- Letter of Recommendation