'Connecting People with Possibilities'
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth. Summary:
The Awake Overnight Direct Support Professional 2 will provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and psychiatric disabilities during the overnight hours in Level 2 residential programs. Staff will provide support to individuals who need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living while managing within a home environment and in the community. Individuals may require moderate physical assistance or accommodation. Staff will receive specialized training in order to provide enhanced supervision or interventions designed to address multiple disabilities which may include behavioral supports or enhanced medical care. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS/DMH, and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Complete household cleaning duties as assigned.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI and MAP.
- Maintain additional mandated certifications and trainings as required by the program.
- Transport individuals as needed.
- Comply with Bridgewell Awake Overnight Call-In procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Associates or DSP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to use proficiently Microsoft products and web based applications used by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.